The Molten Salt eutectic mixture, 60% NANO₃-40% KNO₃. These salts are widely used as fertilizer, they are low cost and available in large quantities. Their temperature varies from 290 to 550 °C when the solar field is operating.
- Sodium Nitrate (NaNO3): 60% w.
- Potassium Nitrate (KNO3): 40% w.
- Operative temperatures: 260-550°C;
- Non flammable and non toxic fluid;
- Low cost fluid;
- Good heat transport properties:
> High Coefficient of Heat Transfer;
> High Heat Capacity;
> High Density;
> Low Operative Pressures.
- Freezing Temperature: 238°C;
- Melting Temperature: 221°C;
- Heat of Fusion: 161 kJ/kg;
- Volume Change on Fusion: 4,6%.